Walking and stuff

Well as he promised MLO and I had almost an entire day to ourselves today. A bit of a rare event these days. We started off going into town for a bit of a mooch around. Popped into TKMaxx, nothing much in there. Then we went to Costa coffee for a cuppa (I had tea as usual, and surprisingly for a coffee palce they do lovely tea, Twinings I think). After that we went to look in the Works bookshop (loosely speaking it is), and yet again I managed to find quite a few good books nice and cheap. Bought a lovely book of prayers, the Watkins Dictionary Of Saints, a wonderful book on the life and times of Jesus full of illustrations, photos and maps etc, and finally a lovely big book all about the vatious sacred places around the world in hardback, and the total for all this booklike goodness, fourteen of your English pounds please. Bargain. We then went on to Waterstones for a quick look, but nothing much in there. They did have the SonyReader on display , and would relly rather love one, except for the cost, and having to buy all my books over again in electronic format, which seems a bit of a con if you ask me.

Next we drove up to Dinedor Camp, an Iron Age hill fort just outside of Hereford City . Neither of us had been there before, so were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was up there. The views in all directions are glorious too, right over into Wales and the Brecon Beacons, up to Shropshire and all across beautiful Herefordshire.
Spring had definitely arrived up there too, there were wild violets in flower across the ground like a sweetly scented purple carpet, ladies smock was in flower, there were bluebells in flower too. Lovely woodland. Said to MLO, we will have to come back in the summer and have a picnic up there.
We had a nice leisurely drive back through Dinedor village and Holme Lacy.
After that we both had steak for dinner, I had mine with salad, and he had wis with veggies.
Work again tomorrow, after my long weekend off, but never mind eh. Have said my prayers for this evening, now off to bed to say my night prayers, so night night all.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

Flickr stream

My Blog List

Karen Minton 2011. Powered by Blogger.

Subscribe here.

All about Me

FullOfHopeAndJoy
Herefordshire, United Kingdom
Born in 1975 in Brixham, in glorious Devon. Spent most of my youth in grimy birmingham. As soon as i was able at 18 I moved to beautiful Herefordshire. Where i remain to this day. Work at Locks Garage, famous for our ice creams. Generally wonderful place.
View my complete profile